Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting off course to get back on track

Today was one of those days that I got a little off track to help put me back on track.  "What do you mean?"   you ask.  Well, I was going about my usual routine of getting the kids off to school.  After I drop off my son, I exercise by either getting on the elliptical in our basement or going for a run in our neighborhood.

This time, after pre-school drop-off, my car drove me to the lake that is within walking distance of our house. I didn't expect the car to take me there.  But there I was, so I decided to take the walk around the lake.  I've taken the kids to the lake a couple of times.  With them it is a 2 hour walk since my youngest child is three years old.  This morning I saw the lake from an adult perspective, rather than  a child's view.  There were some things that we missed on our walks.  For instance, check out this birdhouse that someone hung on a tree.

Corn cob birdhouse

On this same tree, someone also hung Christmas tree ornaments.



Later in my walk, I saw the cascades.  



I also saw a tree that had fallen across the trail.  It looked as if someone or someones had cut the tree so that the trail could continue.


And one of the last things that I saw, that was picture worthy, was the pond at the lake.  I had seen the pond on the trail map but had not taken the kids to it.  Now I was glad that I had taken a look at it because they will love to see it on our next hike.  
Pretty big pond! 

So what did I mean about getting back on track?  I had not written a post in a couple of weeks.  Today's walk was so inspiring, I wanted to write about it and share it.  Sometimes doing something that isn't part of your normal routine can be just the inspiration you need to get back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment